Layton sentence example
- Largely influenced by his mother, he decided to take holy orders, and in July 1626 he was appointed prebendary of Layton Ecclesia (Leighton Bromswold), Huntingdon.
- It was at Ferrar's suggestion that he undertook to rebuild the church at Layton, an undertaking carried through by his own gifts and the generosity of his friends.
- The Layton Art Gallery contains one of the best collections of paintings west of the Alleghanies.
- N.W., was the scene of the battle in which, on the 17th of February 1545, the Scots under the earl of Angus, Sir Walter Scott of Buccleuch, and Norman Leslie, defeated S000 English, whose leaders, Sir Ralph Evers or Eure and Sir Brian Latoun or Layton, were slain.
- Thomas Layton and his method of collecting seem obsessive to us today.Advertisement
- The heart of Robert Bruce was buried at the high altar, and in the chancel are the tombs of Sir William Douglas, the Knight of Liddesdale (1300-1353), James 2nd earl of Douglas (1358-1388), the victor of Otterburn; Alexander II.; and Michael Scot "the Wizard" (r175-1234) - though some authorities say that this is the tomb of Sir Brian Layton, who fell in the battle of Ancrum Moor (1544) At the door leading from the north transept to the sacristy is the grave of Joanna (d.
- His dam was sister to Miss Partner (1735) by Partner out of Brown Farewell by Makeless (son of the Oglethorpe Arabian) from a daughter of Brimmer out of Trumpet's darn, by Place's White Turk from a daughter of the Barb Dodsworth and a Layton Barb mare; while Brimmer was by D'Arcy's Yellow Turk from a royal mare.
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village.
- Philip Kiriakis (Jay Kenneth Johnson): The child of Victor and Kate Roberts, he divorced Belle Black, then married Melanie Layton, and has no children.
- Melanie Layton Kiriakis (Molly Burnett): She's the daughter of Daniel Jonas and Carly Manning, although for much of her life she believed her father was an abuser named Trent.Advertisement