Laying-off sentence example
- With the organization of Manitoba and the opening of improved communication immigrants began to move rapidly westward, and government surveyors were soon busy laying off lands in the Saskatchewan valley.
- Almost the same scenes followed the laying off of Laramie in April 1868, when 400 lots were sold during the first week and 500 habitations were erected within a fortnight.
- In laying off receiving drains it is essential to give hedgerows and trees a good offing, lest the conduit be obstructed by the roots.
- Avoid new stains by quitting smoking, laying off the coffee, or staying away from red wine.
- A lot of companies are laying off employees.Advertisement
- This is most common when a company closes its doors, laying off its entire workforce.
- Have you ever tried to tone up your lower abs without laying off the dessert?
- Additionally, many newspapers have been firing and laying off professional journalists and hiring - or more often contracting with - freelance bloggers.