Layed sentence example
- This enabled the gun to be layed from some little distance behind, so that the layer could be clear of recoil, and continuous laying was thus possible.
- Our run is against the house and has a sloping roof, made of wooden beams with polycarbonate roofing layed on top.
- This form of laying is of two kinds: (I) that in which the gun can be layed for direction over the sight on the target itself, or on some aiming point close by, but from Indirect indistinctness or other causes quadrant elevation is preferred; and (2) that used when the target is completely laying.
- Goethe's grandsons have been so repeatedly accused of having dis p layed a dog-in-the-manger temper in closing the Goethehaus to the public and the Goethe archives to research, that the charge has almost universally come to be regarded as proven.
- Otherwise the method would return false indicating the View s are layed out in ascending order.Advertisement
- Minor improvements in tangent sights certainly were made, notably an automatic clamp, but quadrant elevation was mainly used, and in the case of guns equipped with position-finders (see Range-Finder) the guns could be layed for direction by means, of a graduated arc on the emplacement and a pointer on the mounting.
- Owing to the conical shape of the early muzzle-loading guns, if one trunnion were higher than the other, the " line of metal " would no longer be in the same vertical plane as the axis; in consequence of this, if a gun with, say, one wheel higher than the other were layed by this line, the axis would point off the target to the side of the lower wheel.
- Guns without dispart sights cannot be layed at elevations below the clearance angle.
- This was of wood; the third sight, also of wood, was for guns without a dispart patch, which consequently could not be layed at elevations below the dispart.
- If now the telescope be directed on the target and this level be brought to the centre of its run, the angle of sight can be read - if afterwards any range ordered is put on the sight and the gun truly layed, this bubble will be found in the centre of its run - so that if thereafter the target becomes obscured the gun can be relayed by elevating till the bubble is in the centre of its run, or at a completely concealed target the angle of sight can, if the range and difference of level are known or can be measured from somewhere near the gun, be put on by means of the micrometer screw, and the gun subsequently layed by putting the range in yards or degrees on the sight drum and elevating or depressing till the bubble is central.Advertisement
- It was ranged by varying the charge, and layed for line by means of a line and plumb bob Laying aligned on a picket.