Lay over sentence example
- As the whip came across the grass, it lay over neatly, cut sharply by the whip.
- During the night, however, Wallenstein re-collected his host for a decisive action, and at daybreak on the 6th of November, while an autumn mist still lay over the field, the battle began.
- A thick mist lay over them, and from the heart of it there came the sudden scream of a steam whistle.
- The giant hole in the body (though it can be smaller on some models) where the strings lay over is called the sound hole.
- Also bring along an extra fleece liner as well as a large, warm blanket to lay over the sleeping bag.Advertisement
- Simply soak some large pieces of gauze in milk and lay over the sunburned area.