Lay off sentence example
- The doctor said his cholesterol was high and told him to lay off the fats.
- You don't think we should lay off for a while?
- I told her to lay off the ice cream.
- It lay off the main roads, and is hardly mentioned by ancient writers, though Pliny speaks of the Silis as flowing "ex montibus Tarvisanis."
- Common examples of involuntary losses of a job include termination, lay-off, or business closure.Advertisement
- You want to ease up on the sour cream or the cheese, or lay off the carb-filled tortillas.
- By the end of June twenty-six warships, representing the navies of Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Russia, the United States, Spain, Greece and Turkey, lay off the port of Alexandria, and large numbers of refugees were embarked.
- In perfect conditions Neston welcomed back Chris Hackett to open the bowling after a 14 week lay off with a ruptured Achilles.
- Come on dude, lay off all the faux angst, for all our sakes.
- He said: " During the lay-off I have been quite bubbly, quite alright actually.Advertisement
- Procedures such as penetrating keratoplasty should be followed by a lay-off period of 6 months before being allowed to return to diving.
- Kieron Dyer is now on crutches with shin splint problems after a long injury lay-off.
- Because an infant's skin is so delicate, it's better to lay off topical ointments if possible.
- In a situation where an employer needs to lay off employees, the center can help by providing some outplacement services to help these workers get new jobs relatively quickly.
- Due to a downturn in our company, we regretfully had to lay off James.Advertisement
- Wrong. Lay off the exfoliation completely for a few days and see what happens.