Lawrie sentence example
- Financial embarrassments a short time afterward caused Byllynge to assign his shares in trust for his creditors to three Quakers, William Penn, Gawen Lawrie and Nicholas Lucas.
- This instrument defined the interests of Carteret, Penn, Lawrie, Lucas and Byllynge, by fixing a line of partition from Little Egg Harbor to a point on the Delaware river, in 41° 40' N.
- In 1683 Rudyard was succeeded by Gawen Lawrie, who brought over with him a curious frame of government entitled " the Fundamental Constitutions."
- But the new system was to apply only to those who, in return for the greater privileges which it was alleged to ensure, would agree to a resurvey of their lands, arrange to pay quit-rents and provide for the permanent support of the government, and as Governor Lawrie found the colonists generally unwilling to make the exchange on the proposed terms, he discreetly refrained from any attempt to put the Fundamental Constitutions in operation and thereby avoided the confusion which must have resulted from two sets of laws.
- Robert Barclay Thomas Rudyard Gawen Lawrie Lord Neill Campbell Andrew Hamilton Edmund Andros.Advertisement
- Meanwhile, Lawrie Dudfield from Hull and defender Tom Smith from Rotherham have both joined the cobblers on free transfers.
- Beloved wife of Albert, dearly loved mother of Lawrie and Patricia, a much loved gran and great gran of the family.
- swerver continued to press forward and had a dipping, swerving, effort well saved by Lawrie.
- This instrument defined the interests of Carteret, Penn, Lawrie, Lucas and Byllynge, by fixing a line of partition from Little Egg Harbor to a point on the Delaware river, in 41Ã‚° 40' N.
- Mayer continued to press forward and had a dipping, swerving, effort well saved by Lawrie.Advertisement