Law-suit sentence example
- The doctor says I can talk, but I think he is trying to avoid a law suit.
- The exking Louis, who now lived at Florence, had compelled her by a scandalous law-suit to give up to him the elder of her two children.
- The death, in 1687, of his niece, Mrs Grace Hooke, who had lived with him for many years, caused him deep affliction; a law-suit with Sir John Cutler about his salary (decided, however, in his favour in 1696) occasioned him prolonged anxiety; and the repeated anticipation of his discoveries inspired him with a morbid jealousy.
- No party may interfere in a law suit or in matters of justice; such interference shall be a crime punishable by law.
- Even when a law suit is settled or a judgment handed down in favor of the plaintiff, it can still take time before the lawyer collects any money for his or or her hard work.Advertisement
- It can be used as a source of working capital, to cover operating expenses, or to finance the cost of pursuing a law suit to its resolution.
- The final issue in the law suit involves ticket scalping.