Law of moses sentence example
law of moses
- On his arrival the people were gathered together, and in due course he read the " book of the Law of Moses " daily for seven days (Neh.
- But the term is specially used of meat slaughtered in accordance with the law of Moses.
- The " law of Moses " was forgotten (iv.
- By the law of Moses it became obligatory upon the brother of a man dying childless to take his widow as wife.
- It is no longer the law of Moses or that of the prophetic revelation - it is the standard of rightdoing resident in every man's mind, the creation of wise reflection; such a conception lies outside the point of view that forms the very substance of Hebrew thought in the period prior to the 5th century.Advertisement
- Amid constant periods of apostasy Y P P Y two epoch-making events stand out: (a) the rediscovery of the Book of the Law (Deuteronomy is meant) in the time of Josiah (2 Kings xxii.) followed by a reform of sundry religious abuses dating from the foundation of the temple, and (b) the promulgation by Ezra of the Law of Yahweh, the law of Moses (Ezra.
- 42), and some of the Jews died rather than disobey the law of Moses.
- He seems continually anxious to reconcile the Jewish Christians to himself by personally observing the law of Moses.
- He is particularly careful in his speeches to show how deep is his respect for the law of Moses.