Lavinia sentence example
- President Harrison was twice married; in 1853 to Miss Caroline Lavinia Scott, by whom he had a son and a daughter, and in 1896 to Mrs Mary Scott Lord Dimmock, by whom he had a daughter.
- According to Virgil (Aeneid, vii.-xii.), Aeneas, on landing at the mouth of the Tiber, was welcomed by Latinus, the peaceful ruler whose seat of government was Laurentum, and ultimately married his daughter Lavinia.
- Its foundation is attributed to Aeneas (whereas Laurentum was the primitive city of King Latinus), who named it after his wife Lavinia.
- ASCANIUS, in Roman legend, the son of Aeneas by Creiisa or Lavinia.
- On the death of Aeneas, the government of Latium was left in the hands of Lavinia, Ascanius being too young to undertake it.Advertisement
- Civita Lavinia), an ancient city of Latium, some 19 m.
- He is hospitably received by Latinus, king of Latium, is betrothed to his daughter Lavinia, and founds a city called after her, Lavinium.
- He also elaborates the episodes most attractive to his audience, notably those of Dido and Aeneas and Lavinia, the last of whom plays a far more important part than in the Aeneid.
- The subjects of most of his dramas were taken from Latin and Italian poets (Atalanta after Ovid, Lavinia after Virgil, Armida after Tasso); but at least in two dramas, Pavlimir and Tsaptislava, he displayed some originality, taking his themes from Servian national history.
- bond of friendship, the new Emperor offers to marry Titus ' daughter Lavinia.Advertisement
- Lavinia Lingerie carries an assortment of over 50 beautifully made bras that are made as much for form as they are for function.
- Lavinia Lingerie has a selection of plus size bras in varying degrees of sheerness.
- Lavinia Lingerie carries a wide range of plus size intimates.
- For yoginis looking for colorful flair, try some of the styles on Fit Couture, Bali Dog, Bikram Yoga Wear (especially the tiger short!), and Lavinia Lingerie.