Lavage sentence example
- Adverse reactions accompanying overdose should be treated by gastric lavage and supportive measures.
- Methods to accurately measure eotaxin in lung lavage fluid, sputum and blood are being developed.
- Treatment guidelines consider gastric lavage if the patient presents early.
- Treatment of a large acute overdose should include gastric lavage, purgation with magnesium sulfate and complete bed rest.
- No organisms were detected by bronchoalveolar lavage and the pulmonary function tests suggested emphysema with air trapping, hyperinflation and markedly reduced diffusion capacity.Advertisement
- Overall, 180 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee were randomly assigned to receive either arthroscopic debridement, arthroscopic lavage or placebo surgery.
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of a technique for peritoneal lavage used in Birmingham.
- In the case of a very recent oral intake gastric lavage may be considered.
- However, it was also noted that some people lack uric acid in nasal lavage.
- In case of unscarred pylorus the perforation can be excised followed by a pyloroplasty; truncal vagotomy is then added after thorough peritoneal lavage.Advertisement
- This technique, which is known as gastric lavage, involves introducing 20 to 30 mL of tap water or 9 percent saline solution into the person's digestive tract and removing the stomach contents with a siphon or syringe.
- Another solution for nasal lavage (washing) uses powdered goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis).
- When botulism in older children or adults is caused by food, it often is necessary to flush the gastrointestinal tract (gastric lavage).
- Surfactant was isolated from duck, chicken, and pig lung lavage fluid by differential centrifugation.
- Based on our findings, the results of peritoneal lavage cytology should thus be included in the factors for staging gastric cancer.Advertisement
- Participants were then exposed to 0.4 parts per million of ozone for two hours and underwent a second bronchoalveolar lavage.
- Washing out the stomach (gastric lavage) may also be useful.