Laurer sentence example
- The only comparable fact among other worms is the Laurer's canal or genitointestinal canal in the Trematoda.
- This last tube is probably the homologue of Laurer's canal (Goto, 8).
- Tnis duct (Laurer's canal) is sometimes rudimentary and ends blindly beneath the skin.
- This structure is regarded as the homologue of a canal (Laurer's canal) which in the Heterocotylea opens into the (After Monticelli.
- A canal (Laurer's canal) leads from the oviduct or yolk-duct to the dorsal surface.Advertisement
- It has been compared with the canal of Laurer of Trematodes (the vitello-intestinal duct of the ectoparasitic flukes), but if we take the more primitive Cestodes, and especially Aniphilina, into consideration we find that they possess, in addition to the uterus, an anterior vagina (usually present in Cestodes) and a posterior one.
- In the Cestodes the vagina is present (V); the canal of Laurer (LC) is now vestigial (present in Caryophyllaeus as the posterior vagina).
- It is the opening of Laurer's canal and is homologous not with that of the "vagina" just mentioned, but with a totally distinct structure - the "yolkreceptacle" - which in ectoparasitic forms discharges into the gut instead of to the exterior (see fig.
- In B it is also joined by a paired vagina (kk) and by the "vitello-intestinal duct" (Laurer's canal), f.