Laurel-wreath sentence example
- The badge is a white and gold cross with a red centre bearing the imperial crown surrounded by a laurel wreath.
- When conferred for service in war the cross rests on a green laurel wreath.
- The ribbon is light watered blue, the collar of alternate gold elephants with blue housings and towers, the star of silver with a purple medallion bearing a silver or brilliant cross surrounded by a silver laurel wreath.
- In the present order of the French Republic the symbolical head of the Republic appears in the centre, and a laurel wreath replaces the imperial crown; the inscription round the medallion is Republique francaise.
- The badge is a red rayed cross with gold rays in the angles, in the centre a representation of the pillars of Hercules; the cross is attached to the yellow and white ribbon by a green laurel wreath.Advertisement
- The characteristic dress of the flamens in general was the apex, a white conical cap, the laena or mantle, and a laurel wreath.
- He was now an old man of seventy-seven years, honoured with the friendship of princes, recognized as the most distinguished of Italian humanists, courted by pontiffs, and decorated with the laurel wreath and the order of knighthood by kings.
- A laurel wreath mount drapes around the white enamel dial with foliate bezel.
- On the bottom bound of the laurel wreath is to be found the rectangular silver hallmark.
- Large impeller within laurel wreath with two small impeller within laurel wreath with two small impellers above.Advertisement
- Collar: One large impeller surrounded with a laurel wreath.
- Large impeller within laurel wreath with two small impellers above.
- From the latter point of view - as generalissimo of the forces of Rome, he had the right to the insignia of the commander (the laurel wreath and the fasces), and to the protection of a bodyguard, the praetoriani.