Laughing-stock sentence example
- The Australian machine, meanwhile, is becoming a laughing stock.
- produce without making himself a laughing-stock.
- It roused one of the fits of wild rage to which he was not unfrequently liable; he burst out into ejaculations of wrath, and cursed the cowardly idle servants who suffered their master to be made the laughing-stock of a low-born priest.
- Rather He seems intent on making forgers or a laughing stock out of them.
- She lived far into the 17th century, and became a character and something of a laughing-stock to the new generation; but her services to Montaigne's literary memory were, as will be seen, great.Advertisement