Lattice-work sentence example
- The temples on the east side of the Otolum are distinguished by tall narrow vaults, perforated by numerous square openings giving the appearance of coarse lattice work.
- 10), protected ° - - from irreverence by lattice work (tra p - ` j '.?- ' `- sennae) of marble.
- cap. 5) we find the correlated problem of the image of the sun passing through a quadrilateral aperture always appearing round, and he further notes the lunated image of the eclipsed sun projected in the same way through the interstices of foliage or lattice-work.
- Probably a straining of water from solid particles is effected by the lattice-work of the ctenidia or gill-plates.
- The work of building this structure, which is mainly composed of iron lattice-work, was begun on the 28th of January 1887, and the full height was reached on the 13th of March 1889.Advertisement
- Bamboo is extensively used as a timber wood, and houses are frequently made entirely out of the products of the plant; complete sections of the stem form posts or columns; split up, it serves for floors or rafters; and, interwoven in lattice-work, it is employed for the sides of rooms, admitting light and air.
- The most remarkable is perhaps the little chapel in honour of a celebrated Mussulman saint, Nizam-ud-din, near whose shrine the members of the imperial family, up to the time of the Mutiny, lie buried, each in a small enclosure surrounded by lattice-work of white marble.
- The west front is filled with remarkable figures and designs, including the lattice work common in Uxmal.
- The arcades in front of the Mecca niche were sometimes of considerable depth, and constituted the prayer chamber (maksura), portions of which were occasionally enclosed with lattice work.
- 10), protected Ã‚° - - from irreverence by lattice work (tra p - ` j '.?- ' `- sennae) of marble.Advertisement
- This sweet bed features lattice work and arches, making it a beautiful focal point of a girls' room.