Lathes sentence example
- The county contains 5 lathes, a partition peculiar to the county.
- At the time of the Domesday Survey Kent comprised sixty hundreds, and there was a further division into six lests, probably representing the shires of the ancient kingdom, of which two, Sutton and Aylesford, correspond with the present-day lathes.
- The five modern lathes (Aylesford, St Augustine, Scray, Sheppey and Sutton-at-Hone) all existed in the time of Edward I., with the additional lathe of Bedding, which was absorbed before the next reign in that of St Augustine.
- The systematic use of dialogue as an independent literary form is commonly supposed to have been introduced by Plato, whose earliest experiment in it is believed to survive in the Lathes.
- Inexplicably, but as on so many precision bench lathes, the tailstock barrel carried an inadequate a No. 1 Morse taper.Advertisement
- They are well equipment with machine tools from watchmaker's lathes to CNC mills.
- Both the Model C and Model B 9-inch lathes used changewheels for screwcutting whilst the Model A was always fitted with a screwcutting gearbox.
- The first of the 12-inch lathes to have power cross feed were the 1939 De-lux 16-speed, Timken headstock bearing models.
- Fred's usual work was to mill the spiral sectors on cams for the automatic lathes in next door's factory.
- Items produced included capstan lathes, tool and cutter grinders, and screw-cutting lathes.Advertisement
- Holbrook toolroom lathes appear to have been designated either " B " for the smaller machines, or " T " for the larger.
- Although styled to resemble the screwcutting lathes, only the tailstock handwheel and minor controls were the same.
- We have universal lathes for chuck and bar work with 12 driven tool stations, for turning, milling and thread cutting.
- Cone headed galvanized screw nails secure the seating lathes.
- The tools they operate include lathes, cutters, milling machines, grinders, borers and machines that combine several of these functions.Advertisement
- During this time gear-driven shapers, drills and knee drills were also added but the number of lathes produced remained comparatively small.
- Previously, the time to machine the shaft and the faces and OD of each impeller was 5½ minutes, using twin turret lathes.