Lateral-line sentence example
- cl, Muscle cells of lateral line.
- The sprat cannot be confounded with the herring, as it has no teeth on the vomer and only 47 or 48 scales in the lateral line.
- m In all larval forms, in the Caudata, and in a few of the Ecaudata (Xenopus, for instance), the epidermis becomes modified in relation with the termination of sensory nerves, and gives rise to organs of the same nature as those of the lateral line of fishes.
- Some fully aquatic amphibians still possess a lateral line system.
- End of line is threaded through lateral line channel on underside of ivory harpoon head.Advertisement