Lastborns sentence example
- Nearly half of all U.S. presidents were firstborns; only four were lastborns.
- Middle children can feel forgotten or overlooked because of the attention or demands of either the firstborns or the lastborns.
- Middle children have also been found to succeed in team sports, and both they and lastborns have been found to be more socially adjusted if they come from large families.
- Lastborns are generally considered to be the family "baby" throughout their lives.
- Because of nurturing from many older family members and the example of their siblings, lastborns from large families tend to develop strong social and coping skills and may even be able to reach some milestones earlier.Advertisement
- Some lastborns develop self-esteem problems if older siblings or parents take power away from these lastborns so that they cannot make decisions or take responsibility.
- Because of this powerlessness, some lastborns may be grandiose, with big plans that never work out.
- Some lastborns transfer this powerlessness into a personal asset by becoming the boss of the family, coyly eliciting or openly demanding their own way.
- Some families jump to and cater to these lastborns.
- Other lastborns engage in sibling rivalry because of the injustices they think they experience because they are the youngest.Advertisement
- Only children may demonstrate characteristics of firstborns and lastborns.
- But only children can be pampered and spoiled as lastborns and can be self-centered.
- Finding out what special talents or interests these children have and encouraging them through classes or events makes them feel like they matter and are as important as firstborns or lastborns.
- If lastborns are being bullied by older siblings, parents need to step in.
- They can also benefit from hearing parents tell older siblings that it took time for them to do the things that lastborns are struggling to do.Advertisement