Last-straw sentence example
- These articles, harmless as they may seem to us, were the last straw that Scottish loyalty could bear.
- The picture was the last straw.
- My bruised knee is the last straw and it's got to go.
- I went to the doctors after I collapsed at college, but it was the proverbial last straw.
- desecration of Mrs Hammond's grave has proved to be the last straw.Advertisement
- When in February the army ordnance office reported the previous month's production figures, Hitler found this the last straw.
- proverbial last straw is Brother Will's plan to make Crystal his fifth wife.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw is the latest installment in the "Wimpy Kid" series by Jeff Kinney.
- Beauty may be only skin deep, but to someone undergoing cancer treatment, losing their hair may be the last straw.
- The man's question was the last straw - and the rest, as they say, is music history.Advertisement
- When his Uncle Vernon's sister comes to visit the Dursley home, Harry is delivered the last straw when she begins insulting his parents.
- The decision also turns out to be the last straw for his wife, Dualla, who decides to leave him.
- It was the last straw.
- The last straw that determined action was the discovery of a paper docketed " Not to be opened till after my death," which was nothing but a railing accusation against herself.
- I think the last straw was a sunglass site that we've been working on for some time now.Advertisement
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw was released in January of 2009.