Last-sixteen sentence example
- 284 The average of the first thirty-two years was thus 278 bushels per acre, of the last sixteen years 30 bushels, and of the whole forty-eight years 284 bushels.
- The last sixteen years of his life (1593-1609) were spent at Leiden, which was also for more than twenty years (1631-1653) the home of Salmasius, and for thirteen (1579-1592) that of Lipsius (d.1606).
- During the last sixteen years of his life (338-322) he rendered services to Athens not less important, and Municipal more difficult, than those which he had activity.
- This disastrous financial expedient was made good later, the coinage being established on a firm basis during the last sixteen years of Charles's reign in accordance with the principles of Nicolas Oresme.
- Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for your financial support over the last sixteen months.Advertisement
- following year the club reached the last sixteen of the FA Cup for the first time.
- The pair meet tomorrow in the last sixteen - almost unthinkable!
- The following year the club reached the last sixteen of the FA Cup for the first time.
- The account which has come down to us is that Mantegna began engraving in Rome, prompted by the engravings produced by Baccio Baldini of Florence after Sandro Botticelli; nor is there anything positive to invalidate this account, except the consideration that it would consign all the numerous and elaborate engravings made by Mantegna to the last sixteen or seventeen years of his life, which seems a scanty space for them, and besides the earlier engravings indicate an earlier period of his artistic style.
- The pair meet tomorrow in the last sixteen - almost unthinkable !Advertisement