Laryngoscope sentence example
- A fibreoptic intubating laryngoscope should be readily available for use in all surgical hospitals.
- X rays and direct examination of the voice box (larynx) and breathing passages using a laryngoscope or bronchoscope indicate the exact location of the obstruction or inflammation.
- The epiglottis will look swollen and bright red if the doctor examines the patient's throat with a laryngoscope (a viewing device).
- By the laryngoscope, invented about 1850 by Manuel Garcia the celebrated singingmaster, and perfected by Johann Czermak (1828-1873) and others, the diseases of the larynx also have been brought into the general light which has been shed on all fields of disease; and many of them, previously known more or less empirically, submitted to precise definition and cure.
- The same question could be asked in relation to teaching a new SHO how to use a laryngoscope.Advertisement
- An instrument called a laryngoscope is often used in the operating room to view the epiglottis, which will appear cherry-red and quite swollen.