Large-bowel sentence example
- Not all large bowel blockages are due to cancers originating in the bowel.
- Progress A diagnosis of partial large bowel obstruction was made and the patient treated with stimulant laxatives and phosphate enemas.
- For someone who has had a large bowel resection a return to their previous dietary pattern should be possible.
- For surgery on the large bowel a high enema or rectal washout will be required.
- Exstrophy can involve the rectum and large bowel and coexist with hernias.Advertisement
- Volvulus is the twisting of the small or large bowel around itself (malrotation).
- Volvulus of the large bowel is rare in infants and children; when it does occur it is usually in the sigmoid (sigmoid volvulus) in the lower colon.
- The most frequent causes of large-bowel obstruction are tumors, volvulus, or small pouches that form on the intestinal wall (diverticula) that can fill with waste and expand to block the intestines.