Lappish sentence example
- On the other hand, the portraiture of Ska61, the wife of Nior6r, seems to point to a Finnish or Lappish origin.
- In such cases there may be some connexion between the giants and the semi-civilized (Finnish or Lappish) communities of the mountainous districts.
- At the head-waters of the Tornea, Finland penetrates as a narrow strip into the heart of the highlands of Kjolen (the Keel), where the Haldefjall (Lappish, Halditjokko) reaches 4115 ft.
- In order to study the different eastern kinsfolk of the Finns, Sjogren (1792-1855) extended his journeys to North Russia, and Castren to West and East Siberia (Nordische Reisen and Forschungen), and collected the materials which permitted himself and Schiefner to publish grammatical works relative to the Finnish, Lappish, Zyrian, Tcheremiss, Ostiak, Samoyede, Tungus, Buryat, Karagas, Yenisei-Ostiak and Kott languages.
- Qvigstad; a dictionary (1890) and two grammars (1891 and 1897) of the Lulea dialect, and a chrestomathy of Norwegian Lappish (1894), by K.Advertisement
- Wiklund; a dictionary of Russian Lappish, or the Kola dialect (1891), by A.
- Halasz; and a grammar of Norwegian Lappish (1882), by S.
- It was not until 1840 that the New Testament was translated into Norwegian Lappish, and not until 1895 that the entire Bible was printed in the same dialect.
- In the Russian dialect of Lappish there exist only two versions of St Matthew's gospel.
- / s lielsen; further, a comparative study of Lappish and Finnish by Qvigstad in the Acts of the Finnish Academy of Science, vol.Advertisement