Lapped sentence example
- She lapped once with the tip of her tongue, tasting both the metallic, spicy blood and her tears.
- She baited the hook and threw it in the pond, watching as tiny waves rippled out from the bobber and gently lapped at the grassy shore.
- As the blood gushed out he lapped it up; and instead of suffering the fatal weakness which might have been expected from the haemorrhage, he seems to have done well.
- The wagons are attached at intervals by short lengths of chain lapped twice round the rope and hooked into one of the links, or in some cases the chains are hooked into hempen loops on the main rope.
- The various Union divisions hurriedly prepared to defend themselves, but they were dispersed in several camps which were out of sight of one another, and thus the Confederate army lapped round the flanks of each local defence as it encountered it.Advertisement
- Their decoration is confined to a band round the upper part of the pot, or often only a projecting flange lapped round the whole rim.
- I didn't get really lucky with lapped riders.
- The most striking is the way it is lapped by the waters of its broad moat.
- One surface is then lapped using liquid suspensions of successively finer silicon carbide powders.
- To make matters worse, Johansson was called in for a stop-and-go penalty by IMSA officials for passing lapped traffic before the green flag.Advertisement
- They can be sealed using lapped sections of underlay laid up the face of the duct.
- turquoise sea tunnel lapped the edges of the floor, over in a far corner.
- Envision 230 miles of sandy white beachfront, gently lapped by some of the clearest, aquamarine seas in the entire universe.
- The water was high; it lapped the grill like a child sucking a lollipop, lovingly, longingly.
- The entrance pool of a turquoise sea tunnel lapped the edges of the floor, over in a far corner.Advertisement
- stop-and-go penalty by IMSA officials for passing lapped traffic before the green flag.