Lapidary sentence example
- But these were used almost exclusively for lapidary inscriptions.
- His skill as a working lapidary was very great; and he prepared a number of lenses of garnet and other precious stones, which he preferred to the achromatic microscopes of the time.
- These qualities alone have made it supreme as a jewel since early times, and yet the real brilliancy of the stone is not displayed until it has been faceted by the art of the lapidary; and this was scarcely developed before the year 1746.
- The Lapidary Journal website also contains a listing of stores that offer jewelry making courses from around the United States.
- Most diamonds go from a miner to a cutter (lapidary) to an international buyer or wholesaler, to a jeweler, and finally to the consumer.Advertisement
- Even chain stores found in malls can often accommodate loose stones either through their regular lapidary or via a setting and styling event.
- Especial mention should be made of the ceremony of purifying the grove, which was held to be defiled by the felling of trees, the breaking of a bough or the presence of any iron tools, such as those used by the lapidary who engraved the records of the proceedings on stone.
- The following are some of the most famous diamonds of the world: - A large stone found in the Golconda mines and said to have weighed 787 carats in the rough, before being cut by a Venetian lapidary, was seen in the treasury of Aurangzeb in 1665 by Tavernier, who estimated its weight after cutting as 280 (?) carats, and described it as a rounded rose-cut-stone, tall on one side.
- Often, the final shape is decided by the lapidary who cuts the stone based on the initial shape of the raw diamond and any flaws that must be removed.
- They are subject to considerable internal strain, as is shown by the fact that when struck with a hammer or sliced with a lapidary's saw they often burst into fragments.Advertisement
- The employment of powdered bort and the lapidary's wheel for faceting diamonds was introduced by L.
- lapidary work is partly lucky guess.
- lapidary equipment and fine grain size together with uniform texture result in even polished surfaces.
- There is also a considerable number of lapidary inscriptions edited in vol.
- lapidary prose as soon as.Advertisement
- lapidary packs can be purchased directly through PayPal: These packs have PayPal buttons.