Lanzarote sentence example
- Fuerteventura lies between Lanzarote and Grand Canary.
- In external appearance, climate and productions, Fuerteventura greatly resembles Lanzarote.
- This was a Genoese expedition, which about 1270 seems to have sailed into the Alantic, re-discovered the "Fortunate Islands" or Canaries, and made something of a conquest and settlement in one of the most northerly isles of this archipelago, still known (after the Italian captain) as Lanzarote.
- More precisely, they may be considered as two groups, one of which, including Teneriffe, Grand Canary, Palma, Hierro and Gomera, consists of mountain peaks, isolated and rising directly from an ocean of great depth; while the other, comprising Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and six uninhabited islets, is based, on a single submarine plateau, of far less depth.
- The character of the vegetation in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, islands composed of extensive plains and low hills, with few springs, is different from that of the other islands, which are more elevated and have many springs.Advertisement
- The other district includes Grand Canary, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, and has at its head a sub-governor, residing in Las Palmas, on Grand Canary, who is independent of the governor except in regard to elections and municipal administration.
- In 1402, however, Gadifer de la Salle and Jean de Bethencourt sailed with two vessels from Rochelle, and landed early in July on Lanzarote.
- Between 1402 and 1404 La Salle conquered Lanzarote and part of Fuerteventura, besides exploring other islands; Bethencourt meanwhile sailed to Cadiz for reinforcements.
- He was delayed by a mutiny off the coast of Spain, but reached the island of Lanzarote in July.
- Lanzarote, the most easterly of the Canaries, has a length of 31 m.Advertisement
- Graciosa, a small uninhabited island, is divided from the north-eastern extremity of Lanzarote by a channel r m.
- In just 20 years, this once sleepy fishing village, only accessible by ferry from Lanzarote has expanded beyond compare.
- Zoco Boardriding Adventures organizes surfing, kite surfing and windsurfing holidays in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
- Returning to the Canaries in 1404 he found that Gadifer de la Salle had conquered Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, and explored other islands.