Lanugo sentence example
- The patient may feel chilly or have developed lanugo, a growth of downy body hair.
- Fine hair called lanugo first develops on the head; structures such as the lungs, sweat glands, muscles, and bones continue to develop.
- Lanugo begins to cover all skin surfaces, and fat begins to develop under the skin.
- Weeks 33-36: The fetus reaches approximately 41-48 cm. (16-19 in.) in length and weighs 2.6-3.0 kg (5 lb. 12 oz. to 6 lb. 12 oz.). Body fat continues to increase, lanugo begins to disappear, and fingernails are fully grown.
- Lanugo has mostly disappeared and is replaced with thicker hair on the head.Advertisement
- Your baby will develop lanugo (fine body hair) and it will darken enough to be seen on an ultrasound.
- Lanugo or fine body hair grows on your baby's skin during this trimester.