Languish sentence example
- Sure, everyone wants a cute, funny kitten, but adult cats often languish in shelters.
- If you let your new blog languish with no new content for too long, people will think it's been abandoned.
- Picture quilts don't have to languish on beds or the backs of couches either.
- The great undertaking was supported by liberal subscriptions, and Walton's political opinions did not deprive him of the help of the Commonwealth; the paper used was freed from duty, and the interest of Cromwell in the work was acknowledged in the original preface, part of which was afterwards cancelled to make way for more loyal expressions towards that restored monarchy under which Oriental studies in England immediately began to languish.
- languish on benefits blaming others for their fate.Advertisement
- While some games have enough depth to go back and replay them once you have finished, others simply languish on the shelves.
- languish unread having minimal impact on practice.
- languish in acetate obscurity for the ensuing 45 years.
- languish in the shadows of the ' real ' professions.
- I'le rather quench the flames of my desire, Then at thine altar languish and expire.Advertisement
- languish at the foot of the national recycling league 9th from bottom out of 393 local authorities.
- At one time the Primal Man, who sank down into matter, has freed himself and risen out of it again, and like him his members will rise out of darkness into the light (Poimandres); at another time the Primal Man who was conquered by the powers of darkness has been saved by the powers of light, and thus too all his race will be saved (Manichaeism); at another time the fallen Sophia is purified by her passions and sorrows and has found her Syzygos, the Soter, and wedded him, and thus all the souls of the Gnostics who still languish in matter will become the brides of the angels of the Soter (Valentinus).
- zoo's long-suffering animals to languish in their squalid enclosures for even longer.
- It also leaves the zoo 's long-suffering animals to languish in their squalid enclosures for even longer.
- In Cyprus, and perhaps on the south-west Anatolian coasts, there is some reason to think that the cataclysm was less complete, and Aegean art continued to languish, cut off from its fountain-head.Advertisement