Landslides sentence example
- Throughout the volcanic area earthquakes and landslides are of frequent occurrence.
- Another consequence of revived erosion is seen in the occurrence of great landslides, where the removal of weak (Permian) clays has sapped the face of the Vermilion Cliffs (Triassic sandstone), so that huge slices of the cliff face have slid down and forward a mile or two, all shattered into a confused tumult of forms for a score or more of miles along the cliff base.
- Deforestation leads to more landslides during heavy rains - which in the case of Caribbean hurricanes kill more people than the wind itself.
- When the rocks are concealed by detrital material he looks for outcroppings on steep hillsides, on the crests of hills or ridges, in the beds of streams, in landslides, in the roots of overturned trees, and in wells, quarries, roadcuttings and other excavations.
- We were then invited to carry out trials on planting bamboo to stop landslides from further developing.Advertisement
- Across Asia an exceptionally early and heavy monsoon caused flash floods, landslides, and hailstorms.
- Labor doesn't need the Mail; it has won two landslides in the face of violent opposition from the rag.
- The disaster followed landslides in neighboring East Java province earlier this week that killed at least 77 people.
- The plateaux margins are typically characterized slope failures that range from large rotational landslides to individual blockfalls.
- The trigger mechanisms that initiate submarine landslides in this area are not well understood.Advertisement
- Problems arising from coastal landslides have been particularly serious during the 20th century.
- After five years in office and two election landslides, New Labor is creating a crisis of democracy.
- Geological and geomorphological mapping may aid the identification of landslides and allow for safe housing development.
- Although they never get as speedy and ferocious as the ones you guys have to deal with, continued rainfall tends to trigger landslides.