Landslide sentence example
- An overwhelming 70 percent gave the contestants a landslide victory.
- We have just suffered our second successive landslide election defeat.
- Soil materials are more likely to move downslope either by landslide or erosion on steeper slopes.
- In other places, landslide debris was strewn across the road barring the way.
- He fires several missiles at the side causing a landslide which blocks the Hood's way.Advertisement
- Only Andy Booth (left) from Aberdeen, with a 2-1 win over Tim Miles of Worthing, prevented a landslide.
- Then us ' lefties ' can look foreward to repeating yet another Labor landslide victory next time ah wouldn't that be nice tricky?
- Their coalition was re-elected by a landslide following the armistice.
- Tony Blair has rarely ruled as if he had a landslide.
- A huge underwater landslide produced the tsunami in question.Advertisement
- Dr. Kirpotin told the magazine the situation was an " ecological landslide that is probably irreversible and is undoubtedly connected to climatic warming " .
- Fortunately, the massive landslide higher up the valley had been cleared.
- In other cases, such as the Storegga slide, the sediment slide forms a distinctive submarine landslide.
- This time our shells not only neutralize the troops but also cause a landslide which buries much enemy equipment and stores.
- In 1920 he was again the Democratic nominee for governor, but was beaten in the overwhelming Republican landslide of that year; he lost, however, by only 73,000 votes, whereas the Democratic candidate for president was at the same time defeated by a million votes in New York state - a remarkable testimony to his own personal popularity.Advertisement
- However, despite a low electorate turn-out, his landslide victory appears to have silenced the doubters for now.
- An overwhelming 70 per cent gave the bicycle a landslide victory.