Landscape-gardener sentence example
- The Lombardy poplar is valuable chiefly as an ornamental tree, its timber being of very inferior quality; its tall, erect growth renders it useful to the landscape-gardener as a relief to the rounded forms of other trees, or in contrast to the horizontal lines of the lake or river-bank where it delights to grow.
- border, is by far the largest and most beautiful, its natural beauty having been enhanced by the landscape gardener.
- On his return to Berlin he studied art under the sculptor Christian Daniel Rauch and the painter and architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel (1781-1841), proving himself in the end a good draughtsman, a born architect and an excellent landscape gardener.
- The Park occupies nearly 300 acres, of great natural beauty, which has been increased by the judicious arts of the landscape gardener.
- of the business centre and near the river, is noted for its natural beauty, greatly supplemented by the landscape-gardener's skill, and for its commanding views.Advertisement
- It was the birthplace of John Claudius London (1783-1843), the landscape gardener and writer on horticulture, whose Arboretum et Fruticetum Britannicum still ranks as an authority.
- A landscape gardener working on a private garden can not use a sprinkler or hose pipe from the private property's supply.