Landowning sentence example
- After careful study and a preliminary examination of the land, a scheme was passed which has given satisfaction to the landowning community, and which distributes the tax equitably in proportion to the fertility of the soil.
- As Burke had wished the British parliament to be supreme over the colonies, in confidence that this supremacy would not be abused, so he wished the great landowning connection resting on the rotten boroughs to ruie over the unrepresented people, in confidence that this power would not be abused.
- The increase of wealth and prosperity caused by these changes went far to produce a large class of the population entirely outlide the associations of the landowning class, but with sufficient Still more excellent was his plan of legislation for Ireland.
- The 143 seats set free were divided equally between the towns and the counties; and in the counties the landowning aristocracy was still supreme.
- The attitude engendered by the status quo is revealed in the opinions of the existing landowning interests referred to above.Advertisement
- The landowning aristocracy are the ruling class under feudalism.
- Mills are largely controlled by elite landowning families, who together account for 77 per cent of the country's sugar milling.
- The Heathcote collection includes title deeds as part of the archive of a landowning family.
- In the Baltic provinces (Courland, Livonia and Esthonia) the landowning classes formerly enjoyed considerable powers of self-government and numerous privileges in matters affecting education, police and the administration of local justice.
- The attitude engendered by the status quo is revealed in the opinions of existing landowning interests referred to above.Advertisement