Landfall sentence example
- Attached to the chief islands are, on the extreme N., Landfall Islands, separated by the navigable Cleugh Passage; Interview Island, separated by the very narrow but navigable Interview Passage, off the W.
- It is possible that Professor Fernald may show conclusively that Leif's landfall was north of the St Lawrence.
- The Danish antiquarian Rafn, in his monumental Antiquitates Ainericanae, published in 1837, and much discussed in America at that time, held for Rhode Island as Leif's landfall and the locality of Thorfinn's colony.
- San Salvador, however, claims historical precedence as the landfall of Columbus on his memorable voyage.
- Everything needs to be ready, especially if the hurricane shifts to make landfall.Advertisement
- It made landfall near Galveston, Texas, as a Category 2 hurricane.
- 21 st) of October 1492, when Christopher Columbus, the Genoese, made his landfall on the island of Guanahani, now identified with Watling Island in the Bahamas.
- Watling Island is generally accepted as the landfall.
- The British squadrons either stopped the relieving forces at their point of departure, or baffled, when they did not take them, at their landfall.
- In 2005, hurricanes were not only more severe, but also set records for the sheer number that made landfall.Advertisement
- He departed from St John's in Newfoundland, finally making landfall on the west coast of Ireland 76 days later.
- Christopher Columbus planted the Spanish flag on San Salvador upon his first landfall in the Americas in 1492.
- Also, an above-average probability of U.S. major hurricane landfall is anticipated " .
- Although the mainland lies closer at 20 miles, the nearest landfall is in dense jungle.
- landfall on the west coast of Ireland 76 days later.Advertisement
- landfall on the eastern side of this very large island by the early morning of June 11th.
- landfall in a highly-populated low-lying region.