Land-snails sentence example
- The commonest land-snails are those species which constitute the family Helicidae, order Pulmonata, sub-order Stylommatophora.
- The land-snails which have no gill-plume in the mantle-chamber and breathe air, but have the sexes separated, and possess an operculum, belong to the orders Aspidobranchia and Pectinibranchia, and constitute the families Helicinidae, Proserpinidae, Hydrocenidae, Cyclophoridae, Cyclostomatidae and Aciculidae.
- Land-snails, mostly Achatinellidae, are remarkably frequent and diverse; over 300 varieties exist.
- In the Nova Scotian tree trunks land snails (Archaeozonites, Dendropupa) have been found.
- Secondly, the group uses DNA sequences to estimate the topology and timing of deep evolutionary relationships among the pulmonate land snails and slugs.Advertisement