Land attack sentence example
- The city itself, with its fortifications extending to the port of Peiraeus, was impregnable to a land attack.
- But a land attack on southern Italy at the same time was successful, Otranto being captured and held for a time by the Turks.
- His fleet, too, lingered uselessly in the harbour, till after a defeat in which Eurymedon perished, though the simultaneous land attack was unsuccessful.
- The army could therefore, for the moment, only occupy Korea and try to draw upon itself hostile forces that would otherwise be available to assist Port Arthur when the land attack opened.
- On the 15th of January 1865 he took a conspicuous part in the land attack on the sea-front wall of Fort Fisher.Advertisement