Lancets sentence example
- But there are several subfamilies of ants whose females have the lancets of the sting useless for piercing, although the poison-glands are functional, their secretion being ejected by the insect, when occasion may arise, from the greatly enlarged reservoir, the reduced sting acting as a squirt.
- In the library are the windows of the polygonal apse: 5 groups of 3 lancets divided by shafts with foliage capitals.
- Blood sampling - pipettes, wipes, cotton wool, gloves, lancets.
- The nave is perhaps 13thC on the basis of paired lancets in the nave.
- North wall: stepped lancets with rich colored stained glass from 1865.Advertisement
- The end walls have first three big lancets of even height with detached triple shafts.. .
- The used lancets are also stored within the drum.
- Above this window there was another of 5 glazed lancets.
- The south aisle opens to the nave by an arcade of two bays and has three trefoiled lancets in the east wall.
- Above are two Victorian lancets in surround of Fabric ' B ' .Advertisement
- nave by an arcade of two bays and has three trefoiled lancets in the east wall.
- The clerestory has single lancets except at the eastern ends where there are large quatrefoils.
- sandstone quoins; modern east window of three stepped lancets.
- East wall: whole wall in Fabric ' C ' with occasional sandstone quoins; modern east window of three stepped lancets.