Lanai sentence example
- Kahoolawe and Lanai are both privately owned.
- m., distributed as follows: Hawaii, 4210; Maui, 728; Oahu, about 600; Kauai, 547; Molokai, 261; Lanai, 139; Niihau, 97; Kahoolawe, 69.
- The small islands of Lanai, Niihau and Kahoolawe are devoted chiefly to the raising of sheep and cattle - Niihau is one large privately owned sheep-ranch.
- The population of 1900 was distributed among the several islands as follows: Oahu, 58,404; Hawaii, 46,843; Maui and Lanai, 25,416; Kauai, 20,562; Molokai, 2504; Niihau, 172.
- He laid stress on the importance of manual and industrial training during his term of office (1847-1855), and was succeeded by a board of education (1855-1865), of which he was first president; then an inspector-general of schools was appointed, Judge Abraham Fornander being the first inspector; in 1896 an executive department was created under a minister of public instruction and six corn 1 These are: the county of Hawaii, consisting of the island of the same name; the county of Maui, including the islands of Maui, Lanai and Kahoolawe, and the greater part of Molokai; the county of Kalawao, being the leper settlement on Molokai; the city and county of Honolulu (created from the former county of Oahu by an act of 1907, which came into effect in 1909), consisting of the island of Oahu and various small islands, of which the only ones of any importance are the Midway Islands, 1232 m.Advertisement
- At the time of Cook's visit the archipelago seems to have been divided into three distinct kingdoms: Hawaii; Oahu and Maui; and Lanai and Molokai.
- The covered lanai has ceiling fan over table & chairs to enjoy dining alfresco.
- Sliding doors to the shaded lanai with an attractive outdoor dining area complete with a fan for relaxed entertaining beside the pool.
- There is a private 28 ft pool with fiber optic colored lighting, extended deck and covered lanai.
- The extra large lanai, which leads onto the extensive decking area benefits from a summer kitchen with a BBQ and a pool bathroom.Advertisement
- Private pool with extended sun deck and covered lanai.
- Wood is the most common material of which the residences are built; a large portion of these residences are one-storey cottages; broad verandahs are common; and of the more pretentious residences the lanai, a semi-outdoor drawing-room with conservatories adjoining, is a notable feature.
- Whether you're on Maui, Kauai, Lanai, Oahu, Molokai, or the Big Island, you will want to know about one day tours that are available on each of these beautiful islands.
- The state of Hawaii consists of eight primary islands: Niihau, Kahoolawe, Lanai, Molokai, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island of Hawaii.
- When you check into a hotel, you may be asked if you prefer a room with or without a lanai.Advertisement
- Outdoor dining is the local norm and visitors will find themselves eating amid koi ponds, an old fashioned plantation lanai and even along the edge of a spring-fed river.
- This restaurant offers great food at a reasonable price while you dine beachfront, whether inside or on the lanai.