Laminaria sentence example
- On the British coasts zones are observable in passing from high to low water mark, characterized by the prevalence of different species, thus: - Pelvetia canaliculata, Fucus platycarpus, Fucus vesiculosus, Ascophyllum nodosum, Fucus serratus, Laminaria digitata.
- While there is a general tendency in the group to mucilaginous degeneration of the cell-wall, in Laminaria digitata there are also glands secreting a plentiful mucilage.
- The intercalated growing region of Laminaria affords an example of another variety of growth in Phaeophyceae.
- Laminaria sp., sporanges among paraphyses.
- Thus Laminaria digitata, which characterizes the lowest zone, is only occasionally exposed at all, and then only for short periods of time.Advertisement
- A white efflorescence which appears on certain Brown Algae (Saccorhiza bulbosa, Laminaria saccharina), when they are dried in the air, is found to consist of mannite.
- Laminaria, Padina, Cutleria, Punctaria, Iridaea, Ulva, Porphyra, are leaf-like with a rigidity varying from a fleshy lamina to the thin and pliable.
- Laminaria saccharina (sugar kelp) might also reach this sort of length.