Lamia sentence example
- He compares her story with that of Lamia, who, after her children had been slain by Zeus, retired to a lonely cave and carried off and killed the children of others.
- The Plea of the Midsummer Fairies (1827) and a dramatic romance, Lamia, published later, belong to this time.
- The geographical name is sometimes extended over all these branches, and so reaches from Aetolia to the Gulf of Lamia.
- Thence it crosses that lake in a straight line and afterwards the Ruwenzori to its highest point, Margherita peak, whence it follows the Lamia River to its junction with the Semliki.
- Lamia >>Advertisement
- squalid flat in Lamia by a criminal gang waiting for them to give birth.
- This is a purely fanciful name, but Lamus takes us into a religious world where we can trace the origin of the legend, and observe the god of an older religion becoming the subject of fairy tales (see Lamia) in a later period.
- Instead the four women were held in a squalid flat in Lamia by a criminal gang waiting for them to give birth.