Lamelliform sentence example
- In these, as in Patella, the typical ctenidia are aborted, and the branchial function is assumed by close-set lamelliform processes arranged in a series beneath the mantle-skirt on either side of the foot.
- 1, The lamelliform sub-pallial gills, which (as in Patella) replace the typical Molluscan ctenidium.
- Though there are indications of lamelliform respiratory appendages on mesosomatic somites following that bearing the genital operculum, we cannot be said to have any proper knowledge as to such appendages, and further evidence with regard to them is much to be desired.
- The Molluscan ctenidium is typically a plume like structure, consisting of a vascular axis, on each side of which is set a row of numerous lamelliform or filamentous processes.
- This has been accompanied by the conversion of the lamelliform gill-plates into lamelliform lung-plates, and later the development from the lung-chambers, and at independent sites, of tracheae or air-tubes (by adaptation of the vasifactive tissue of the blood-vessels) similar to those independently developed in A B FIG.Advertisement