Lam sentence example
- The police were in hot pursuit of the convicts on the lam.
- The family tried to lam from the path of the incoming tropical storm by driving as far from the coast as possible.
- They had to lam loudly on the door before someone came to answer it.
- She had some moneyâ€”I guess she swiped that, tooâ€”so we were on the lam, like in the movies.
- Could all fit risky stock market to voltage henry c. First in a problem said lam it has taken of conservation of.Advertisement
- Mrs lam of and tho unsuccessful were also those was a major.
- On the death of King Eric Lam in 1147 Valdemar came forward as one of the three pretenders to the Danish crown, Jutland falling to his portion (compact of Roskilde, 9th of August 1157).
- This road, called the Chang lam or " northern road," was much used by traders till the middle of the 19th century, when the Mahommedan rebellions in northwestern China practically closed it.
- The road followed by them to Yekundo is called by Tibetans the upper road (gong lam), and had apparently been followed previously by Miss Taylor.
- The lam separating them from the Mediterranean is nowhere more than 10 m wide.Advertisement
- For Manichaeism is an attempt to weld the doctrine of the Gospel and the doctrine of Zoroaster Manlchae- into a uniform system, though naturally not without lam, an admixture of other elements, principally Babylonian and Gnostic. Mani, perhaps a Persian from Babylonia, is said to have made his first appearance as a teacher on the coronation day of Shapur I.
- His voluminous works, of which the most famous are the Sumbun and the Lam Nim Tshenpo, exist in printed Tibetan copies in Europe, but have not yet been translated or analysed.
- The principal Arab tribes are the Kab (generally known as Chaab) and Beni Lam, the former mostly settled in towns and villages and by religion Shiites, the latter nomads and Sunnites.
- The robbers knew they had to go on the lam and lay low for a while to avoid being caught.
- The lam separating them from the Mediterranean is nowhere more than 10 meters wide.Advertisement
- Couples interested in even more distinction may opt for designer engagement rings available from the Peter Lam Collection, while gemstone rings are a colorful alternative to traditional diamond engagement rings.
- The movie O Brother, Where Art Thou, which is a Coen Brothers creation, was set in Depression era Mississippi and told the story of three escaped convicts who managed to develop a music career while on the lam.