Lakhs sentence example
- In 1886-1887, the year after the annexation, the amount collected in Upper Burma from all sources was twentytwo lakhs of rupees.
- As an independent measure of economy, the stipend paid to the titular nawab of Bengal, who was then a minor, was reduced by one-half - to sixteen lakhs a year (say 160,000).
- The amir received an annual subsidy from the British government of 182 lakhs of rupees.
- The disaster at Maiwand, and the Russian advance east of the Caspian, prevented the proposed withdrawal from Quetta; but Kandahar was evacuated, Abdur Rahman was left in complete control of his country and was given an annual subsidy of twelve lakhs of rupees in 1883.
- Sometimes the crop is stated in lakhs of ioo,000 bales each.Advertisement
- The wazir then decided to annex their country, and appealed to Hastings for assistance, which was given in return for a sum of forty lakhs of rupees.
- He accordingly, in 1687, entered into a bargain for its sale to Chikka Deva, raja of Mysore, for three lakhs of rupees; but before it could be completed, Kasim Khan, commander of the forces of Aurangzeb, marched upon the place and entered it almost without resistance.
- This event, however, had no other result than to transfer the stipulated price from one vendor to another; for that general, not coveting the possession, immediately delivered it over to Chikka Deva on payment of the three lakhs.
- The number of copies of any given record varied from minimum of 500 to few lakhs, depending upon the popularity / sale.
- In November 1902 a fresh settlement was arranged and Berar was leased in perpetuity to the British government in return for an annual rental of 25 lakhs.Advertisement
- In the following year it had risen to fifty lakhs.