Laid-to-rest sentence example
- In Santa Maria Maggiore the pope erected the noble Sistine Chapel, in which he was laid to rest.
- The remains of King Humbert were laid to rest in the Pantheon at Rome beside those of his father, Victor Emmanuel II.
- In the years1083-1085there was a second rising in Maine which was not laid to rest until William had granted liberal terms to the leader, Hubert of Beaumont.
- Luther was laid to rest in the Castle church on whose door he had nailed the theses which had kindled the great conflagration.
- Hence the demon is laid to rest by burning the serpent-image with due funereal rites.Advertisement
- But one may well believe that there was in his mind at any rate a foreshadowing of some of the ideas by which modern mathematicians have finally laid to rest the traditional difficulties connected with infinity and continuity."
- The mortal remains of the fourth baronet were laid to rest in the family vault in August 1789.
- Most people buried in woodland sites are laid to rest in cardboard coffins or wicker baskets.
- Those killed in the disaster are laid to rest in a temporary morgue.
- The glorious eccentrics, the crazy pedagogues of yore, have all been laid to rest.Advertisement
- The legendary TV producer was laid to rest at the Hillside Memorial Park in west Los Angeles.
- From this moment begins a long-drawn-out series of tricks and subterfuges, undertaken with the view of deceiving Mark, whose suspicions, excited by sundry of his courtiers, from time to time get beyond his control, and are as often laid to rest by some clever ruse on the part of his nephew, or his wife, ably seconded by Brangaene.
- Anna Nicole Smith was finally laid to rest nearly a month after her death.
- Anna Nicole Smith was laid to rest March 2, 2007, in Nassau, Bahamas next to her late son, Daniel, who died in September 2006.
- All the doubts can now be laid to rest as her self titled album made its mark on Billboard's Top Country charts, landing in the much coveted Number One spot.Advertisement
- Even when fans insisted that Stewart must be 5'4" or even shorter, the question of how tall is Kristen Stewart has finally been laid to rest.
- She was four months late doing so, but it was done now, and at last the haunting feeling was laid to rest.