Lai sentence example
- Saving and excepting the incident of his being stolen and brought up by a water-fairy (from a Lai relating which adventure the whole story probably started), there is absolutely nothing in Lancelot's character or career to distinguish him from any other romantic hero of the period.
- Probably the story was first told in the form of short lais, each recounting some special episode, such as the lai known as the chevrefeuille; how old these may be it is impossible to say.
- The Lay of Orpheus is known to us only through an English imitation; the Lai du cor was composed by Robert Biket, an Anglo-Norman poet of the 12th century (Wulff, Lund, 1888).
- 124); Donnei des Amanz, the conversation of two lovers, overheard and carefully noted by the poet, of a purely didactic character, in which are included three interesting pieces, the first being an episode of the story of Tristram, the second a fable, L'homme et le serpent, the third a tale, L'homme et l'oiseau, which is the basis of the celebrated Lai de l'oiselet (Rom.
- The Lais which may be definitely attributed to Marie are: Guigemar, Equitan, Le Feene, Le Bisclavret (the werewolf), Les Deux amants, Laustic, Chaitivel, Lanval, Le Chevrefeuille, Milon, Yonec and Eliduc. The other similar lays are anonymous except the Lai d'Ignaure by Renant and the Lai du cor of Robert Biket, two authors otherwise unknown.Advertisement
- Meanwhile, back in Barcelona, Do Lai lies comatose on a guarded hospital room.
- A Chou En Lai verdict on Gordon Brown Samuel Brittan The Financial Times 22/07/05 Is Gordon Brown's supposed economic miracle based on sand?
- Rustic life is represented by a squirrel: I crake notis; I krak nots; I bite notes: by a hare, or a hare riding a dog: - Sohou, sohou; sohou, mutel; sohou, Robin; sohou, je le voi; sohou, je lai trouve; je vois a bois; by a hare in a tree: Sohou, scut, ware I cut: by a monkey riding a dog or goat: - Allone I ride, I hunt; allone I ride, have I no swayn: by a stag: - Alas, Bowles: by a dog: - hobbe, dogge, hobbe; garez ben le petit chen: by a hawk seizing a bird: - Alas, je su pris.
- You join a boat run by Kat, who is a scientist looking to catalog the ocean's creatures off of Manoa Lai.