Lags sentence example
- Hence the phase of the vibration lags behind that of the force by the amount s~, which lies between 0 and 1/2nr or between 1/2ir and Ir, according as e12 ~u.
- The current in the shunt coil lags 90 degrees behind the impressed electromotive force of the circuit to be measured; hence if the main current is in step with the potential difference of the terminals of the supply mains, which is the case when the supply is given wholly to electric lamps, then the field due to the main coil differs from that due to the shunt coil by 90 degrees.
- The improvement in the productiveness of labour depends largely on its division; and he proceeds accordingly to give his unrivalled exposition of that principle, of the grounds on which it rests, and of its greater applicability to manufactures than to agriculture, in consequence of which the latter relatively lags behind in the course of economic development.
- But in fact the change of constitution often lags greatly, so that the metal may have the constitution normal to a region higher than that in which it is, or even a patchwork constitution, representing fragments of those of two or more regions.
- The long-continued incitement to catabolism of the waking day thus of itself predisposes the nerve cells towards rebound into the opposite phase; the increased catabolism due to the day's stimuli induces increase of anabolism, and though recuperation goes on to a large extent during the day itself, the recuperative process is slower than, and lags behind, the disintegrative.Advertisement
- Why does my game suffer from framerate slowdown / lags, graphical glitches, crashes?
- In essence, using inductors is not an issue apart from the inherent characteristic - the current flowing through them lags the voltage injected.
- Frictional unemployment is the result of inevitable time lags resulting from imperfect mobility between jobs.
- Is this because council thinking generally lags about 3 to 5 years behind that of informed public opinion?
- Ken and Bea are discovered in the rec room store cupboard together when Sharon Gilmore lags on them (116).Advertisement
- Trinity Bards and Oxford Reviewers by Richard Schulze; A lament for the lack of virginal purity among Byron Society lags.
- Tetris games won't tax your computer's processing power, and even those with slow Internet connections can enjoy the game without any annoying lags.
- Like watching any other kind of video online, there can be lags, and download times are often slow.
- Developmental delay refers to when a child's development lags behind established normal ranges for his or her age.
- For example, if you live in a small, rural town, you may find that fashion in your area lags behind the fashion in the cities by a bit.Advertisement