Lagrangian sentence example
- Two methods are employed in hydrodynamics, called the Eulerian and Lagrangian, although both are due originally to Leonhard Euler.
- In the Eulerian method the attention is fixed on a particular point of space, and the change is observed there of pressure, density and velocity, which takes place during the motion; but in the Lagrangian method we follow up a particle of fluid and observe how it changes.
- The Lagrangian method being employed rarely, we shall confine ourselves to the Eulerian treatment.
- The Lagrangian equations of motion are then of the type aj1~j+a1r~i+.
- In such cases the boundary condition on the fluid uses the Lagrangian derivative.Advertisement