Lady of the lake sentence example
lady of the lake
- Callander owes much of its prosperity to the fact that it is the centre from which the Trossachs is usually visited, the route being that described in Scott's Lady of the Lake.
- The scenery has been immortalized in Sir Walter Scott's Lady of the Lake.
- Among the educational institutions in San Antonio are the San Antonio Female College (Methodist Episcopal, South; 1894), the West Texas Military Academy; Peacock Military School; St Mary's Hall (Roman Catholic); St Louis College; and the Academy of Our Lady of the Lake (under the Sisters of Divine Providence, who have a convent here).
- It is situated close to some of the most romantic scenery in the Highlands, and is particularly well known through Scott's Lady of the Lake.
- The first steamboat to built for an English lake was the wooden Lady of the Lake of 1845.Advertisement
- made its appearance upon the lake," upon which, clad in silks, were the Lady of the Lake and two nymphs waiting on her, and for the several days of her stay "rare shews and sports were there exercised."
- An incident showing his strength and ferocity in single combat is used by Sir Walter Scott in The Lady of the Lake (canto v.).
- high, and, owing to its position near the south-eastern shore of Loch Katrine, its imposing contour is one of the most familiar features in the scenery of the Trossachs, the mountain itself figuring prominently in The Lady of the Lake.
- Or was it a totally different weapon given to him by the Lady of the Lake?