Lacunar sentence example
- This lacunar system not only enables the cells of the cortex itself to respire, but also forms channels through whicF air can pass to the deeper lying tissues.
- There are no lacunar blood spaces with ill-defined or absent walls except for a sinus surrounding the intestine, which is at least frequently present.
- Anteriorly it finally communicates with the lacunae just mentioned, which surround the oesophagus, bathe the posterior lobes of the brain, pass through the nerve ring together with the proboscidian sheath, and are generally continued in front of the brain as a lacunar space in the muscular tissue, one on each side.
- The circulatory system of Carinella is considerably different, being more lacunar and less restricted to definite vascular channels.
- Nevertheless the filament is a complete tube formed of chitinous substance and clothed externally by ciliated epithelium, internally by endothelium and lacunar tissue - a form of connective tissue - as shown in fig.Advertisement
- lac, Lacunar tissue.
- As in the other Arthropoda, the circulatory system in Crustacea is largely 1 6/ lacunar, the blood flowing in spaces or channels without definite walls.
- All living Echinoderms have a lacunar, haemal system of diverse origin; this, the ambulacral system, and the coelomic cavities, contain a fluid holding albumen in solution and carrying numerous amoebocytes, which are developed in special lymph-glands and are capable of wandering through all tissues.
- In the lower epithelium the large and long lacunar cells are easily differentiable.
- Widespread white matter demyelination and subcortical lacunar infarcts are demonstrated by magnetic resonance imaging.Advertisement
- lacunar stroke imply that screening this group is not likely to be fruitful.
- lacunar infarction, which has its neurological origins in the work of Dr. CM Fisher.
- lacunar infarcts are demonstrated by magnetic resonance imaging.
- Frequently, also, a considerable differentiation of vegetative tissue occurs in the wall of the spore-capsule itself, and in some of the higher forms a special assimilating and transpiring organ situated just below the capsule at the top of the seta, with a richly lacunar chlorophyllous parenchyma and stomata like those of the wall of the capsule in the Anthocerotean liverworts.
- It alse always possesses a well-developed lacunar system communicating with the external air through stomata (in the young stem) or lenticel~ (see below).Advertisement