Lacuna sentence example
- A scribe again who scrupulously records the presence of a lacuna or illegibility in what he is copying, inspires us with confidence in the rest of his work.
- He starts from the creation and endeavours to fill up the lacuna from 1662 to his own time, 1714.
- The median lacuna no longer exists, but is represented by a dorsal and ventral sinus.
- This is a major lacuna that needs to be addressed.
- In addition to the median lacuna there are two lateral lacunae, one upon each side.Advertisement
- The collector of the: Edda probably had the old poems recited to him in the 13th century, and where there was a break in the memory of the reciters the lacuna was filled up in prose.
- The Bill deals with a single issue of principle in the field of valuation for rating by way of correcting a lacuna.
- Yet the implications of her work extend beyond filling in a significant lacuna in the existing scholarship.
- By exploring the role of language in the constitution of social relations, the project seeks to address a lacuna in contemporary anthropological theory.
- In short, England is a gaping lacuna in this rapidly developing field.Advertisement
- There then follows a lacuna.
- I just wonder whether the OFT Review Team will look at this potentially serious lacuna in the regulations.
- BrouÃ© has more than made up for this, or for any other lacuna in his subsequent work.
- Besides this there is usually a living conducting tissue, sometimes differentiated as leptom, forming a mantle round the hydrom, and bounded externally by a more or less well-differentiated endodermis, abutting on an irregularly cylindrical lacuna; the latter separates the central conducting cylinder from the cortex of the seta, which, like the cortex of the gametophyte stem, is usually differentiated into an outer thick-walled stereom and an inner starchy parenchyma.