Lactone sentence example
- The cyanhydrin is hydrolysable to an acid, the lactone of which may be reduced by sodium amalgam to a glucoheptose, a non-fermentable sugar containing seven carbon atoms. By repeating the process a non-fermentable gluco-octose and a fermentable glucononose may be prepared.
- CH20H CH20H CH OH CH OH (CH OH) 2 -> (CH OH)2 CHO CH-OH CN Pentose -> Cyanhydrin on further oxidation gives a mannonic acid, C 5 H 8 (OH) 5 CO 2 H; this acid readily yields a lactone.
- It was then found that on reducing the lactone of the acid obtained from d-mannonic acid, ordinary glucose resulted.
- Other forms are: d- and l-gulose, prepared from the lactones of the corresponding gulonic acids, which are obtained from d- and /-glucose by oxidation and inversion; d- and l-idose, obtained by inverting with pyridine d- and l-gulonic acids, and reducing the resulting idionic acids; d- and l-galactose, the first being obtained by hydrolysing milk sugar with dilute sulphuric acid, and the second by fermenting inactive galactose (from the reduction of the lactone of d, l-galactonic acid) with yeast; and d- and l-talose obtained by inverting the galactonic acids by pyridine into d- and l-talonic acids and reduction.
- On reducing the lactone prepared from the inactive acid an inactive galactose is obtained from which l-galactose may be separated by fermentation.Advertisement
- a little hydrochloric acid, methylene diresorcin [(HO) 2 C 6 H 3] 2 CH 2, whilst with chloral hydrate, in the presence of potassium bisulphate, it yields the lactone of tetra-oxydiphenyl methane carboxylic acid (J.
- For an isomer, isocampholactone (the lactone of trimethyl-2.2.
- When heated to about 250° C. it is transformed into quinide, probably a lactone, which on heating with baryta water gives an inactive quinic acid.
- Sedanolic acid readily decomposes into water and its lactone sedanolid, C 12 H 18 0 2, the odorous constituent of celery oil.
- Alternatively a macrocyclic lactone can be used to treat for scab and will also be part of the strategy to remove resistant worms.Advertisement
- Reaction (e) is a special case for hydroxyl lactones which results in cleavage across the lactone ring.
- Synthesis of the two specific homoserine lactone (HSL) AI compounds creates a spatial concentration pattern across the swarming plate.
- macrocyclic lactone can be used to treat for scab and will also be part of the strategy to remove resistant worms.
- When heated to about 250Ã‚° C. it is transformed into quinide, probably a lactone, which on heating with baryta water gives an inactive quinic acid.
- Use gloves when handling or harvesting the roots to avoid contact with the lactone producing parts of the plant.Advertisement
- Solution in dilute alkali was supposed to be accompanied by the rupture of the lactone ring with the formation of the quinonoid salt shown in 2.
- Also Kiliani found that the lactone derived from the cyanhydrin of natural arabinose (laevo) was identical with the previous lactone except that its rotation was equal and opposite.
- Fischer) CH20H CH20H / CH CH OH (CH OH) 2 -> (CH OH)2 CH-OH CH OH CO CHO -> Lactone -> Hexose.