Laconic sentence example
- He raised both eyebrows with a laconic grin.
- Cato labours to express himself in an awkward and laconic epistle, apologizing for its length.
- So little did he understand the seriousness of the situation that, when the laconic message "All is over!"
- A full and suitably laconic report of events will follow in March.
- Ian Brown's set was pretty much as you'd expect, delivered in a typically laid-back, almost laconic way.Advertisement
- For a long time, the laws applicable to hunting with hounds have remained very laconic.
- Hill makes inspired use of Bronson's laconic, unemotional style of acting to provide an almost mythic celebration of the honorable fighting hero.
- We see him change from being a chubby, loud mouthed drunkard to being a lean, mean, laconic, vengeance machine.
- A new Go-Betweens album, the superbly laconic The Friends Of Rachel Worth, is shortly to appear.
- However, their mystery is only a superficial illusion that is enhanced by Virgo's curt and laconic communication style.Advertisement
- The romance which has here been utilized shows an acquaintance with Egypt; the narratives are discursive, not laconic, everything is more detailed, and more under the influence of literary art.
- It involves a slow, laconic vocals and slowed beats.
- The existence of famine and cholera added to the difficulties of the government, and in March 1867 the Lower House, by a majority of three, passed the laconic resolution, " The chamber inflicts a vote of blame on the government.